Let's start with Parry. Normally you parry attacks against you and it takes a quickened action. Enterprising players will at some point want to parry for someone else. Here is how it works:
- The person you are defending must be within your engagement range (ER)
- You Parry like normal, except that you do so at a -25 penalty
Dodge follows this format.
- The person you are defending must be within your native (ER)
- You Dodge like normal except its against a TD 125 instead of TD 100
- If you fail the dodge, you are considered to be grappling, with a chance the attack hits you instead of them
If you have the ability to parry magik, you can, however, use the rules above to parry magik for someone else as long as it meets the rules outlined by your ability to parry magik as well.