- BUSINESS (base use of skill)
- My Credits Good - You can try to extend your credit a little farther than normal when making a purchase that would result in a loan. If you can succeed at the set TD + 50, then you double the amount of time you get to repay the loan. If you fail, you fail the whole thing. If you succeed, the penalties for non repayment are doubled as well.
- Haggle - You can use to lower the amount of repayment necessary. Any secret that modifies or replaces this skill use applies as well.
- Loan Management - If you have a loan, you can make installments on the loan instead. Start with base TD 50 + double the loan value. Each installment you break the loan into reduces the TD by 10 but adds to the total loan value. Multiple the split in payments by 3 to determine this value. So breaking a loan into 5 payments would add 5 x 3 or 15% to the total loan. You can only make this check once so if you fail the TD you can't manage the loan. However, if your wealth grows, even if by one, you can try again.
- Manager [Trained Secret] - You reduce the surcharge to the loan levied by the Loan Management base use of skill by -1% per 25 skill ranks.
- Find Capitol [Experienced Secret] - You add +20 bonus to the My Credits Good and Loan Management base use of skill checks.
- Large Scale Management [Specialist Secret] - You only use a TD 50 + the loan value to determine the TD for the Loan Management base use of skill.
- CRIME (base use of skill)
- Skip Out On The Loan - You can bully your way out of a loan. Make a TD 75 + the value of the loan. If you succeed you don't have to repay the loan but the Trust the loaner had in you is lowered by the loan value. If it becomes negative the loaner will seek recourse of their own, either socially, criminally, business or as appropriate for the contact.
- Gutter Rook [Specialist Secret] - Trust loss for using the Skip Out On The Loan base use of skill is halved.
- SOCIAL (base use of skill)
- Talk Your Way Out Of Debt - Attempt to weasel or talk your way out of a debt (Wealth Loan) you owe someone. The TD is 75 + the value of the loan. If you succeed, you can remove the debt by paying 20% of its value. The loaner loses -d20 Trust as their distrust and antipathy increases.
- Trustworthy [Proficient Secret] - Gives you a +10 bonus when making the Talk Your Way Out Of Debt base use of skill check. Loaner's Trust only decreases by d12 also.
- Magnify Presence [Experienced Secret] - Gives a +10 bonus when making the Talk Your Way Out Of Debt base use of skill check (stacks with Trustworthy). Also lowers the value you must repay by -1% per 20 skill ranks.
- Acumen [Expert Secret] - Gives a +20 bonus when making the Talk Your Way Out Of Debt base use of skill check (stacks with all other bonuses). Loaner loses no Trust as an outcome of the skill use.
- UNDERWORLD (base use of skill)
- I've Got Friends - Your connections to the shadowy underworld can get you out of debt (Wealth Loans). Convert the loan value to Copper Wealth to determine your TD. If you succeed at the TD the loan is forgiven but it lowers the Trust by any but Criminal or Underworld connections or contacts, including business, by 1/20th the value.
- Confidence [Trained Secret] - This secret allows you to use Silver Wealth instead of Copper Wealth for the I've Got Friends base use of skill.
- Circle of Influence [Experienced Secret]- Removes any penalty to Trust by using the I've Got Friends base use of skill. Also adds a +10 bonus to the roll.
- Covert Influence [Expert Secret] - This secret allows you to use Gold Wealth instead of Copper Wealth for the I've Got Friends base use of skill.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Impacts of Wealth Changes to the Game
Here are some some adjustments that follow with the change to Wealth: